|AMAZING TUSCANY - ONE MAGNIFICENT SIGHT AFTER ANOTHER|
- gorgeous landscapes: rolling green hills broken only here and there by tall rows of cypresses
- the poppies growing in fields and along the roads
- the historical architecture - the bricks that gave the color Siena its name
The colors I chose: black and white graphic patterns to reflect the stark stripes typical of the cathedrals in the area, siena (because the color isn't called that for nothing), light browns and splashes of red (like the poppies).
Things to keep in mind:
- in Spring, the weather can be changing, so bring some cover ups, especially for the evenings, and for rainy days.
- The weather was hot, but try to bring a light cardigan or big scarf in your bag everyday because churches require your shoulders to be covered (and it can be surprisingly chilly in there). You may have noticed that all skirts and dresses are below the knee. Again, your knees must be covered to enter churches. If you insist on wearing shorts, they will give you paper aprons to tie around your waist... but really... how hard is it to wear something a little longer?
- There is a lot of walking to be done. And a lot of cobbled paths. Flats and wedges are perhaps easier to walk in.