Google+


Styling Shorts

29/02/2012

 
peach shorts at the beach and in the city

peach shorts by eternal-voyager


I hate people knowing instantly that I'm a tourist. I prefer to look like I blend in, that I perhaps live there. I try to keep my camera discreet, and I never hold a map unless I've been lost for over an hour. And when I do pull it out, I like to do it in the privacy of a cafe, or secluded corner...! (thank goodness for the discretion of smartphone maps....!!)

One of my pet peeves is people who go everywhere in shorts, tanks and sneakers. Yes, it's comfortable. Yes, it's easy. But it shouts TOURIST for miles around. Don't get me wrong: there is nothing wrong with wearing comfortable clothes, but it's so easy to dress it up a bit and keep it context specific.

No comments :

Post a Comment