Google+


Trends in Tanning

22/03/2012

Just back from Mexico, and although it's actually Friday, we'll cheat a bit and say it's still Thursday (even though I'm quite sure it's no longer Thursday anywhere in the world...).

As I woke up from a nap in the sun (big mistake.. ouch!), I realized how important knowing how to properly apply sunscreen is... I've realized that over the years, I've been unconsciously following the hottest fashion trends (or creating my own) in my very tan.

applying sunscreen properly



I've tried spray sunscreen which resulted in splotches on my back, then I went back to regular creams and ended up with zebra print-esque finger stripes across my back, and this year, thanks to sitting in the sun at the foot of the pyramid at Chichen Itza waiting for the sun to hit 'just so', I happily roasted my right shoulder and now have a lovely ombre effect going on.
What - apart from having someone else apply sunscreen on for you - is a good way to ensure you get your sunscreen on right? Feel free to share your tips in the comments!
Thanks!

No comments :

Post a Comment